Monday, January 15, 2007

It hurts to stay in shape...

So, I return from the weekend and I'm already bored at work. It's a godsend that my boss isn't here, because I really can't be bothered to switch my attention from general interest to work. Not today.

As well as that, I'm hurting from the game of football last night. What's weird is that I've been for a run about 4 times the past week, and I still found myself hopelessly unfit. I suppose it's because it really is a more demanding sport than a jog around a park will ever be. At least I scored a pretty good goal, and had a good attempt on goal with a scissor kick that I was particularly pleased with.

But, that's not really what I want to write about: it's more about the article. As a brief summary (if you guys can't be bothered to read it), it more or less says that when you get injured, sometimes the best thing for it is to power through it and actually exercise through the pain. Now, is it just me, or is this not a given? I mean, every time I get some studs in my shin, or any other part of me, the best option is always to 'walk it off', and not sit there like an idiot gently carressing my foot and hoping it stops hurting. I would almost say that this kind of attitude comes naturally to anyone who has ever played a contact sport, but probably not to the people who view exercise as another dietary supplement. I could really go on with this, and how much I don't think building up muscle just for the sake of it is really counter-productive to any kind of long-term positive impact on the body and highly narcissistic, but I won't. Mainly because it's Monday and I am too tired to have a rant.

Still, I love how sometimes things crop in the news which are arguing about things which may be painfully obvious to you for quite some time...

No comments: